It’s not the ending till it is the end (Advice to my kids)

 


Disclaimer- This post is part of trait-series-for-kids which I began to search and write for my kids in 2019. With this series of blog posts containing knowledge-slash-experience, I pray from the almighty that our kids have a simple but magical life. The contents of the series are the outcome of a rigorous search, several readings and first-hand experiences, and self-reflection.

Nae Salanghaneun Adeul, (In Korean meaning My dear Sons)

    As you grow, there shall be extents in life when you might feel glued. The things around, passing scenarios, existing dilemmas, and even the behaviour of loved ones might not be making any sense to you. Your dreams may be looking distant, the purpose for the moment lost and you may start wondering about the ultimate game of life. The questions about your existence start challenging your efforts and actions.

But in these times, you must conserve the highest of hope and faith that some transformation is near. It is because the change requires some chaos before order is reached. The advice from your parents and teachers and well-wishers might look ridiculous but trust me, the seeming end is not the climax but the beginning of something beautiful and powerful.

From my first-hand experience, I can guarantee you that whatever happens, it is always for some good reason. In my life, when I decided that I sought to do something useful for society, I presumed that being part of the medical sciences i.e becoming a doctor would be a deal breaker. But despite all attempts, what broke was my dream of joining the medical world. At that time, I felt like this is it…this is the end of my life…my dreams and my existence.

After obeying the advice of my parents, I got admission to graduation but that first year seemed like an endless struggle to climb a mountain. Nevertheless, if I look today, the never-give-up attitude and notion to continue to remain in action made all the difference. I slowly but steadily carved another path for myself. 

Trust me, this all-read-so-easy incident of my life was one of the pivoting points in my life. I discovered that things may not always go as intended despite candid efforts. However, failure is not the end but indeed a learning opportunity to cross one item from the long catalogue of prospects that life has to offer.

It is not the ending till the end is reached. And to tell you the secret, the end date of each of us is already defined by nature or God. So, just live your life and enjoy the journey. 

The experiences are the colours that shine in life as a rainbow but remember the rainbows appear purely when the cloud is dark yet the sun manages to shine among the rains.

The attitude of positivity will sail you out from the momentary storms and you will reach the goal before beginning the next voyage. Because life is just not one destination but a mix of many, some may be known but many are to be uncovered over time and that is, my dear, the fun of being alive.

I pray that during times of distress or happiness, failure or success, loneliness or crowd… you will be finding in yourself the strength to see the silver shining and the courage in yourself to constantly balance the attitude of possibility and gratitude.

 Dangsin-UI Eomeoni (Your mother)

Trait no 4 – Be Hopeful, Always!!

Mantra No 4- Life is always teaching, so you be ready to learn.

Quote from the great mind- "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

 

(Previous in the series-

Comments

  1. I always believe in “whatever happens, it is always for some good reason”
    Lovely blog👍🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

One Month

Self-Story 2023