One Month

 


Changes are part of life. Being part of transferable jobs, relocation between places is typical. I have trained myself to prepare for these sudden, unexpected, and unwelcome changes, but whatever the mindset, the changes are self-draining.


It may sound easy, but relocation is a challenging thing to do. On the one hand, it is emotionally, physically, and financially draining, but on the other hand, it might provide a fresh perspective towards the “boring” life.

This blog post is the mini-version-saga of the latest relocation my family and I underwent.

I just got transferred to the new location. A location that is quite a contrast to the life I have been living for the past 13 years, and the change is overwhelming.

The quest of being “lost and found” is most potent and simultaneously appealing. Somebody once told me that transfers are an opportunity to reset and revise the current lifestyle. It is a chance to put all planning mode ideas into action. For me, the previous transfer brought the energetic fun of running the marathons, and this time I am eagerly waiting for another new change to click into...

Moving is exhausting – it requires a lot of hard work.. and can take a severe toll on the body and mind. Moving is expensive – it requires careful financial planning and can easily drain one's savings. Moving is emotional – it can cause a lot of excitement, joy, sadness, anxiety, and stress…all emotions simultaneously. Relocation stress is natural. After all, the whole life is being turned upside down.

My undergoing during this phase of transition of one month is -

1. “In the time of test, family is best.” – is the popular Burmese saying, and I found it to be most true. We may not talk regularly (as frequently as I wish to speak and connect with all my siblings), but the colour of the blood becomes darker during the phase of difficulty. I am forever grateful to my sisters and parents for the selfless help they extended during this last month.

2. Life seemed like an endless loop of various tasks, but this last month has provided me many options for my perspective to take a new path. Which way it shall move ahead is still to seek.

3. The period of one month is the story of the b-byes to the known ones and hellos to new faces; it is the phase of sadness of keeping my sons away from me and tiredness of timeless running between places to places to find a place to live.

4. And you can fight a rat too!! Last week, one unwanted visitor entered my accommodation without notice, removing my peace of mind. At that moment, I found some courage and handled the ultimate hurdle.

5. A new working environment becomes a brimming place to meet new people. And last month, I came to know a few who seemed to be literary characters taking a live form. (Well, that is a story for another time!!)

6. We grow. During the phases like this, I grew, and my kids and spouse “grew”, too. I am happy about the changes and hope they continue to become “mature” daily.

7. Lastly, during this last month, I felt lucky to be surrounded by people who understand relocation issues, and all supported me directly or indirectly. I am in-debited to these kind souls forever.

Life is too long to say anything definitely…so I say perhaps…

Perhaps, I find new ways to grow and flourish… maybe this new city will accept me, and possibly my family and I will find our world here!!

Comments

  1. Wow....very well written & I am also on the same type of boat ...can understand the emotions. But , definitely, this transfer also make you, strong, help to spread wings of professional journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. And i agree. Continue reading the blog.

      Delete
  2. Good share, well written!
    I have also experienced transfer recently. I identify and agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

Self-Story 2023