New Year Resolutions??



Here comes the New Year… packed with lots of hope, plans, and to-do lists. To some degree, the planning of the new year resembles the planning of scoring good scores in the examinations. Because to score high we plan to be sincere throughout the academic year, but at times (which is like always) there are few to multiple distractions, resulting in a wastage of time and energy and we somehow convince ourselves that “it is okay”. On identical grounds, the New Year resolutions are put together with utmost sincerity and affirmative thoughts, however, the zeal, and trance of enthusiasm sometimes continue till mid of the first month, and at other times it refuses to haul to the 2nd day of the New Year. 

We get absent-minded and let life make decisions for us.

By saying this, I don’t mean to downgrade the implication of New Year resolutions. It may feel like a lie, but you may consent that to bring some amends in life, we need strong resolve which can steer radar in the storms of expectations and daily commitments.

In my life, I have tried both- when no resolution was made and also the ones when the lists of doing things were meticulously jotted down and pasted on the wall.

As this year is ending, and I am ready to change the calendar to 2022, there is no resolution in mind. My old inner being is relatively silent. There is weird inner tranquility... which is not me. Maybe I am at a truce…or rather perplexed (very high probability!!!)…one thing is for sure, my present version is better and braver than my previous self. I am mentally ready for the magical 2023.

I am still digging through my capabilities and abilities and intent to continue the same. These experiments with life if gone wrong is giving me wisdom and when occasionally success knocks the courage gets multifold. The loafer feeling always nudges me to be cautious while the appetite to walk the unknown road propels me to take risks.

So, this New Year will be a year to rise above self-doubt issues. This year is going to be more about true self-love…and living honestly in the moment of this renewed twelve-month cycle …at my own pace and with peace. This year I plan to pack my soul with loads of experiences. Make space in my head and heart by leaving the undue emotional baggies.

Maybe the saga of writing blogs continues. Maybe traversing the world through book reading becomes earnest. Maybe morning rituals become sober. Maybe I fulfill my purpose in life or this is the year that makes all unexpected things real. I plan to embrace the year with an openness of spirit and intellect.

The year may yield in my being on lesser online and more offline mode. It may gross more on actual communications rather than virtual gossip. I might submit more with emotions and try for a lesser robotic life.

I guess the daily resolutions will be my game for the year. The plan is to set the theme for the year. A theme like -

During this year, I want to feel more connected to myself, my boys, my husband, my friends, and my work life. This is going to be the midpoint during times of confusion, and when “big” decisions shall need to be made.

So what is your theme for this year?

I wish you and your near-dear ones a blasting year. I pray for our souls to get richer with lively and positive thoughts. 

May all our wishes come true!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

One Month

Self-Story 2023