The-Kid-In-Me

 

The kid in our souls

Today while I was sitting in the airport seeing my kids running carefree... with no fear of Covid or chance of missing the flight... I drove down the memory lane of my childhood...the bits of flying and saving the world with Shaktiman, the era of solving the cases with Chacha Chaudhary, playing Hide & Seek in the middle of the hot summer afternoon and days of munching Uncle Chips!

Childhood was that golden period of my life which still glitters in my remembrance and sparkles the dust of hope and assurance. That was my favorite type of life which was carefree and simple, and when I did not need any rationales to laugh and giggle. 

As I have grown up, I feel inundated with responsibilities (not that I am complaining!!) but to conform to a certain way of living, it seems that I tend to live more for tomorrow than the present. The kid inside me severely misses laughing without a reason, and an easy-going nature to forgive and forget.

So, I consciously created a custom list (3 years back) to give a breathing space to the kid inside my soul and embrace it. Some of them...which I remember now are-

1. Unplugging is way to plug back to life. I started leaving my mobile phone and putting it on silent mode during the evenings. I learned that unplugging from technology can lead to simply being in the moment with my family which is pure bliss.

2. Honesty is non-negotiable. Trying to tell people how I am feeling has mended so many cracks emotionally and boosted my confidence. I still get surprised by the reactions that I receive after bringing honesty to the table… It is purely the magic of honesty.

3. Ignorance is bliss. Seeking help even for the smallest thing like a few tricks in Excel or that recipe of aloo matar sabzi is such a relief. Trust me, being silly sometimes brings the guts to heart.

4. The smile is worth a billion dollars and it is freely available. I salute to the guards at the gate or say good morning to my maid daily. Being nice to people around me brings peace to my soul.

5. 

6.

7.

The list is endless. And getting updated daily.

I just wish that we all can focus on the inner drum, where the rhythm aligns with that of our hearts. The measure of responsibility equals the need for evolution.

Just listen, the inner child, let it whisper in our ear.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Your words are of high value to me... mam.!
      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Your 1st paragraph is truly a trip down to our memory line.. A pure bliss ❤️

    Beautifully penned down👌🏻👌🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deeply appreciate you dear for reading and posting your views. Keep checking for new posts.

      Delete
  3. I am surely going to add “ignorance is bliss” to my list. The right away, in-fact, the best way to deal with in some situations. Words are wisdom. Just left to us to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... Always look forward to your views dearie. Thanks. Keep checking the blog for new posts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

One Month

Self-Story 2023