Being a bigger person!!

 

Being a bigger person

I read someplace - “Kill them with kindness. Never argue with a fool as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Be the bigger person because we reside in a beautiful world among a few malicious individuals.

"Be the bigger person."

Who is this bigger person? How to distinguish that big man in broad life? What is the fundamental significance of being a bigger person? And most important of all the concerns - how to become that bigger person?

In my trivial understanding of the topic, being the bigger person has zero relationships to being a self-righteous prig who runs around feeling proud of those who behave contrarily. Being a bigger person has nothing to do with seeing other people, including those who annoy us, as “small”. Being the bigger person is certainly not the art of concealing our opinions or sticking our chest out with arrogance because of our ability to do an impeccable Dr. Spock impression.

Some Google search led me to the following input...which I am still processing as to the application of the advice in tangible day-to-day life matters.

I am calling this - “The 08 SOPs for evolving into a Bigger person


1. Think about what truly matters. How critical is this moment's drama?

2. Take all sides into account. I am definitive that sometimes some people do things for complicated reasons. Putting the feet in their shoes or rather holding the hat as they retain on their head might support understanding the perception of other people.

3. Set high expectations for oneself. If I am all involved in attending to my aspirations, very little time shall be remaining for all the gossip around.

4. Don't let emotions dictate actions. I do say things that I never mean in the heat of the moment and I am readily working to be a cool-minded girl. Holding a step back, breathing, and thinking before speaking or acting- is my work in progress.

5. Find a healthy way to release stress and anger. Writing, talking to a trusted friend, or any other outlet will always benefit de-stress. For me, it helps to write out all my inner thoughts in an old-fashioned way of writing a diary rather than speaking upfront.

6. Prioritizing life on my own. Working on and working with self is the best policy towards success in life. And even if it is not success which is earned at the end, the experience and learning are non-substituted.

7. Think positively. There are so many good things in life. When something bad happens, I have gathered the inclination to converse with myself, do my best of actions in the situation and leave rest to the supreme authority.

8. Be empathetic and have a conscience. Just being a good person is enough...I guess. And by good person, I mean, a person who listens to the sound of the soul.

No doubt, the list seems to be too good. But for me, the practical application of the SOPs is a different level of story.

Sometimes I feel fearful that some people will take advantage, or I will become a subject of mockery or considered a nitwit for acting all big hearted-helping-type-person...and you would agree that some folk legitimately don’t deserve to be treated with a bigger-person-privilege!!.

Alas, I am still hanging on the thought “why be the bigger person every time!”

Is this thought forever inconclusive?

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

One Month

Self-Story 2023