The Need of need

 

The need to live

When I was in 6th standard, my world’s absolute end was to get enrolled in 10th standard. All my longings were directed to reach 10th class… with the naïve notion that magically my life aim shall be settled for good. That was my HAPPY EVER AFTER.

And, as you can relatively guess after my 10th standard was over, another contest started and the subsequent need appeared (the 12th standard!!)

Term “Need” may be described in micro words as wish, demand, want, or in macro terms (those famous elegant terminologies!) called as vision, goal, and dream.  

The satisfied need has yet not been uncovered by myself. It comes off that the need of need is never-ending. Some say… It is useful to have decided need for oneself as it is kind of a scheme to go ahead in life, but others say it is a mere illusion.

Occasionally I feel like I am breathing in a sad movie where the end is never exciting. In this delusional world, wherein everything is so temporary, we attach ourselves to name-fame-things forever.  And then sometimes, I find myself galloping with this world to catch i-don’t-know-what. There are days of inner peace when nothing seems to affect me and then there are days when my need poke me to toil throughout the day.  

Why do we need to burn ourselves in this societal kitchen merely to introduce ourselves as a decorated dish to others, to be assessed as per others’ need, altering accordingly and meanwhile assassinating our fundamental character of simplicity and contentment? Because in the end, what lingers is a fake person inside and outside.

What I understood at a reasonable level is- there’s a very fine streak between trying to please others and making sure that your own needs are being met.

Periodically I wonder why we are all running after being perfect. We are perfectly imperfect and that’s perfectly alright. Why do we need to substantiate anything to anyone when the definitive lap of the race will bring us to an identical fate. We simply need the need of living the life that is worth needed by ourselves.

As I jotted down this blog, I found this interesting quote. Hope this will assist you to understand the vicious cycle I am attempting to present-

“Reason not the need, the man says. Need not the reason" - Shakespeare

For simple understanding read my translation as

Reason (of living is) not the need, (because) Need (is) not the reason (of living). 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Your appreciation means so much mam. Thanks for the read. Keep checking for new posts every Saturday.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading sir. Looking forward to your views also.

      Delete
  3. “Why do we need to burn ourselves in this societal kitchen merely to introduce ourselves as a decorated dish to others”, - perphaps that’s the albatross around our neck.
    So a gentle reminder to self- “We are perfectly imperfect and that’s perfectly alright.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It has always wondered me the need of fulfilling the needy requirements of others. Thanks for the read. Keep checking for new posts every Saturday.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

One Month

Self-Story 2023