Food for thought on Diwali (Book review- The Gita Way by Shweta Chandra and Santosh Srivastava)





Disclaimer- This post is meant to be read at least twice


Brooms are out, hands cleaning the dust, pockets purchasing the new.

It is the season of festivities.

The old things are getting replaced with new ones. With rows of lanterns lit inside and outside homes and buildings for the celebration, I wonder if our inner-old-self ever-renewed!!

Well, in search of many such quests, my recent voyage led to this small read “The Gita Way” by Shweta Chandra and Santosh Srivastava. “The Gita Way” is an irreligious take on the tenets of the Bhagavad Gita. It attempts to derive the insights of Gita through applications in the modern world and reflect light on matters of self-realization, and identifying and following the path to achieving the purpose of life.

While reading this book, my curious spiritual mind started to question. Questions whose answers are not to be given out-loud or revealed to anyone but need introspection.

● Am I the type of person who is jealous of the other… or am I a person who is keen that the other person moves ahead of me in any field?

● Am I so big-hearted? When seeing someone in pain, that someone who has harmed me or insulted me in the past, am I able to empathize and sympathize with such a person?... Or do I internally,… somewhere in the corner of my heart,… feel slightly pleased when such a person goes through pain.

● Am I a nice person just on the outside… or am I truly sweet not only in my words and actions but in the inner corners of my heart?

● Am I truly a person who thinks well about my neighbor or my colleagues or juniors?

I believe everything we think about others, even the slightest negativity in thoughts and feelings as well as attitudes reaches the other, even if we hide it from them externally.

Why not give a try to “actually” be a “good” person with nice mannerisms and purity in character… not only in words and actions but also in our thoughts.

Happy thought-provoking Diwali.🎇🎆

Comments

  1. Yes. I sometimes feel that our lives rotate around Karma.
    Happy Diwali. Keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crux point is given finally that slightest thoughts are communicated through non verbal means and are more powerful than speech.
    Your different thoughts on the topic are the ones which our ideal.
    Maintaining balance in the practical life and trying to achieve the ideal would be the best approach.
    And finally it's your karma which come back to you and shape your future journey of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to know more about the magic of karma. The more I am reading and experiencing through self and others, the mystery seems to amaze me each day. Thanks for the review, sir. keep reading.

      Delete
  3. Came across this in a share on Whatsapp:
    The universe is not punishing you or blessing you with Karma. The universe is responding to the vibrational energy you are sending out. Be mindful of what you bring into existence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir. Karmic energy....another fascinating topic. I believe that energy is forever. It remains in the universe even after we have gone. The vibration energy is most powerful. Thanks for encouraging and reading the blog. Keep reading sir.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks. Keep reading. And keep sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Who is She?

One Month

Self-Story 2023