Overwhelmed Willpower (My Old-soul Twinkle)

 


Disclaimer: This new series, “My Old-soul Twinkle,” is my heartfelt attempt to capture the endless stream of thoughts racing through my mind. At times, these musings may seem confusing—or even a little "out there"—but I genuinely welcome your counterpoints and insights. Dive in and share your thoughts!

Once upon a time, I was deeply drawn to motivation. I had great respect for the word “motivation” because it was my go-to source of encouragement when I needed to push myself to face life’s challenges. My little mind and not-so-brave heart came together to write the post titled From Will to Strong Willpower- A Path to Develop and Sustain Willpower 

It so happened that once that post on willpower was published, I received several messages through writing and by phone, encouraging me to explore the topic further.

One of the comments on the blog was, “Why do we relate willpower with performance? Can we still perform if our willpower is low?

I have always agreed with the practical side of it because life is not an easy path; it is shaped by many layers that mix with the air of uncertainty we live through moment by moment. And willpower can be truly messy.

Today, I found myself thinking about willpower — not as a tidy virtue, but as something far more fragile and demanding than I had assumed in my naive years of growing up.

Willpower, once called motivation, is overtaken

by the strange rise of emerging AI and its kin,

by the tangled values of childhood and the harshness of reality,

by the duplicity woven through people and circumstances,

by the distance between theory and the hands-on work of living,

and by the bittersweet strangeness of life.


Our willpower fights on, yet grows stronger. We endure on a low dose, praying it will rise, and on a high dose, we use it in fear of the days when it may fall again.

With our always-on lives, dopamine levels stay high, and there are plenty of places to find a spark of willpower or get ourselves “motivated.” However, these motivational videos, articles, or bravery stories are so numerous and often so dramatic that we have somehow started to look in another direction for sources of willpower.

Many times, I have seen that this lies in inner peace. As soon as we reach a level of balance with external desires and move into calmness, other pressures and challenges begin to lose their hold.

After reaching Mumbai, my willpower has been broken-mended-rebroken-remended. I have seen deep bad days, and during these phases, I have seen myself change. The evolved version of myself is a new territory—still a bit exciting, but also progressive and messy, yet peaceful.

This overwhelmed willpower must endure not only momentary confusion but also now provide future hope and a ray of light to itself and others. The willpower is now a will-house.

A will-house, defining new zones of self-assurance, self-charm, and a deeper inner connection. My journey is still unfolding, and I look forward to seeing what life brings next. 

Hope your journey is equally exciting and lets keep exchanging experiences.

Thank you for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fly High (Small Story)

A New Year "Old" Thought

Learning respect (Advice to my kids)